ULTRA-MODERN PROGRAMMABLE LED STRIP MANUFACTURER
SDIP is a programmable LED strip manufacturer located in China, the current seat of developing technological advancement. SDIP not only manufactures programmable LED strips, but we are also a specialized programmable LED strip supplier. SDIP has been in the manufacturing and supply of programmable RGB LED strips for years and has successfully delivered to countless high-profile clients across the globe.
SDIP manufactures both outdoor programmable LED strip lights and individually programmable LED strips. SDIP programmable RGB LED strip uses a microcontroller that allows individual LEDs to light up producing a vibrant color system. SDIP programmable light strip is suitable with the various programmable controllers, including smart Wi-Fi and music controllers. Our programmable LED strip can sync to your music, voice, or surrounding sounds, making them ideal for hangouts, parties, designing, and for an all-around special effect.
As part of our quality assurance, we also provide programming for our programmable RGB LED strip based on LedEdit or Matrix software platforms. Our onsite experts are experienced in layout design, implementation, debugging, and installation of our programmable LED light strips. For your high-rise buildings, cinemas, malls, and businesses.
Send us a mail or visit us at our website and we will send you a free quote on all purchases.
WS2812 Programmable LED Strip
RGB LED Strip Black Board
Outdoor Programmable LED Strip Lights
WS2813 LED Light Strips
Individually Programmable LED Strip
24V Programmable LED Strip
12V Programmable LED Strip
5V Smart LED Strip
RGBW LED Strip
Durable and power-efficient programmable LED strip
SDIP outdoor programmable LED strip lights are durable, being made from a silicone-based material, it offers a high dust and water-resistance capacity. Our fully protected outdoor: IP67/68 rating ensures a long-lasting programmable light strip for building finishing, outlining, and decoration. Also, SDIP individually programmable LED strips are rated non-toxic and are environmentally friendly, possess no use hazard, and are also safe for indoor use. With our low heat dissipation technology, SDIP programmable LED light strips can serve indoors providing beautiful lighting for your rooms, garages, offices, movie rooms, and kitchen.
SDIP offers the 5v,12v, or 24v programmable RGB LED strip options allowing you to tailor your need according to the power consumption required. With this you can use our programmable LED strip at great lengths without loss of color depth or quality, leaving you with a high color rendering index.
Send in your orders today and receive quick delivery to your desired location.
|IC Quantity:||10 IC/meter||10 IC/meter||60 IC/meter|
|LED Quantity:||30 LEDs/meter||30 LEDs/meter||30 LEDs/meter|
|Cut Size:||3 x LED||3 x LED||1LED|
|FPCB Thickness:||3A copper||3A copper||3A copper|
|PCB:||Double-sided Flexible PCB||Double-sided Flexible PCB||Double-sided Flexible PCB|
|Working Temp:||-40°~ 70°||-40°~ 70°||-40°~ 70°|
|Package:||Anti-static Aluminum Foil Bag||Anti-static Aluminum Foil Bag||Anti-static Aluminum Foil Bag|
Programmable LED Strip Related Products
Power Supply For Programmable LED Strip
Controllers For Programmable LED Strip
Connector For Programmable LED Strip
Truly programmable LED strip manufacturer
Being the most sort after programmable LED strip manufacturer in China, SDIP offers great assurance in quality and timely delivery in the manufacturing and supply of programmable LED light strips. We maintain a high level of professionalism and a high standard, setting us apart from other programmable LED strip manufacturers.
At SDIP our goal is to continually manufacture programmable RGB LED strips, that give customers and users access to a variety of speed faders and patterns. With our LedEdit or Matrix software platforms, you can have preset scene modes and dynamic effects for your individually programmable LED strip.
Contact us today via our site or send us a mail and we will be sure to respond with a free quote. We also deliver our quality manufactured products worldwide.
Programmable LED Strips | The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Programmable LED strip lights are truly a revolutionary and convenient lighting alternative. Dynamic LED light strips have been used in business and domestic projects throughout the globe. The simplicity in connecting the strips is one of the coolest features.
In this article, you will get to know all your queries concerning LED light strips. Manufacturers of programmable LED Light strips, their end-use, different controllers for individually programmable LED strips, and other details will be available in this FAQ Guide.
Table of Contents
- What Is A Programmable LED Strip?
- What Is An Individually Programmable LED Strip?
- Can I Cut Programmable LED Light Strips And Re-joined Them Together?
- Are Programmable LED Strip Lights Waterproof?
- What Type Of Waterproof Rating Is Required For Indoor Lighting?
- What Type Of Waterproof Rating Is Essential For Outdoor Programmable LED Strip Lights?
- What Should I Look For When Buying a Programmable RGB Led Strip??
- Is It Really Expensive To Run A Programmable RGB Led Strip?
- How To Control A Programmable LED Light Strip?
- Can I Dim The Programmable LED Strip Lights?
- Is It Possible To A Bend Programmable RGB Led Strip?
- What Are The Different Types Of Programmable RGB Led Strip?
- Do Manufacturers Provide Consultancy In Designing The Outdoor Programmable LED Strip Lights?
- Are 5050 LED Programmable LED Strips?
- Should I Run A 12V LED On 24V For Programmable RGB LED Strips?
- Can You Leave a Programmable RGB Led Strip On All Night?
- How Long Can You Run Programmable LED Strip Lights Lengthwise?
- Is It Safe To Use A Programmable LED Light Strip?
- Are Individually Programmable RGB Led Strip Bad For Your Eyes?
- Is Individually Programmable LED Strip Harmful For The Skin?
- Is It Possible To Get Cancer Through Individually Programmable LED Strip?
- Do The Bugs Get Attracted By Individually Programmable RGB Led Strip?
- Is It Possible For A Programmable RGB Led Strip To Catch A Fire?
- How Do The Individually Programmable RGB Led Strip Work?
- How does A Programmable Light Strip work?
- What Are The Top 3 Advantages Of A 12V Programmable RGB Led Strip System?
- Is It Possible To Run A Programmable RGB Led Strip With A Battery?
- How Many Primary Colors Can Single Programmable Light Strip Provide?
- Is There Any Way To Fix A Individually Programmable LED Strip If It Is Not Working?
- How Can You Control An Individually Programmable LED Light Strip Using A Smartphone?
- Can You Connect Raspberry Pi With A Programmable LED Light Strip?
- Can Arduino Be Connected With Programmable LED Light Strips To Manipulate The Lighting Effects?
- Is It Required To Have A Transformer For Programmable LED Light Strip?
- What Is The Average Length Of A WS2818 Programmable LED Light Strip?
- What Are The Applications Programmable Light Strip?
- What Is The Best Glue Material For WS2818 Programmable LED Light Strips?
- What Is The Average Temperature Of The Programmable Light Strips When Lit?
- How Can I Achieve The Desired Light Effect Using A WS2818 Programmable Light Strip?
- Do Outdoor Programmable LED Strip Lights Provide Sufficient Brightness?
- Is It Possible To Cut A Programmable Light Strip?
- How Do I Know The Type Of Programmable LED Light Strip I’m Using?
- Can I Use A Programmable RGB LED Light Strip Without A Controller?
- Where To Buy Programmable LED Light Strips?
- How To Connect Multiple Individually Programmable LED Strip?
- How Do I Control The Brightness Of My Programmable LED Light Strip?
- Who Are The Top Programmable LED Strip Manufacturers?
- Does Variation In Current And Voltage Affect Programmable LED Light Strips?
- What Are The Precautions For The Safe Use Of Programmable LED Light Strips?
- What Could Be The Reason Only Half Of My Programmable LED Light Strips Are Working?
- What Is The Average Lifespan For WS2818 Programmable LED Light Strips?
1. What Is A Programmable LED Strip?
There are a few varieties of LED strips available in the market. Some of them are automatic and some are controllable through programming.
In the case of automatic LED Light Strips, the lighting pattern is not editable or changeable. This illuminates in a single pattern or some fixed pre-built patterns.
On the other hand, a programmable LED strip can have customized illuminating patterns. It provides you freedom with more lighting patterns of different styles.
Programmable LED Light Strip
2. What Is An Individually Programmable LED Strip?
Well, an individually programmable LED light strip is a little different from regular LED light strips.
In an individually programmable LED light strip you get the opportunity to control each of the lights illuminating patterns on your own.
In regular LED strips the lighting effects are pre-installed and not customizable.
You don’t get to choose the lighting effect by yourself.
Whereas, an individually programmable LED light strip allows customization of lighting patterns of each LEDs.
3. Can I Cut Programmable LED Light Strips And Re-joined Them Together?
Yes. Of course, you can cut a programmable LED light strip. And it is possible to re-join them together. If you want to reconnect them after they’ve been cut, you’ll need an extra four-pin connector.
Cutting A Programmable LED Light Strip
You may use a connector to associate your Programmable RGB LED strips or solder the wires to the strip for a more secure connection.
Soldering LED Light Strips
Regardless of which system you use, make sure to cut your light strip along the specified cut points to ensure that your lights can function if needed.
Bingo! Now you’ll have lit LED lights thanks to strip connectors or soldering equipment.
4. Are Programmable RGB LED Strip Lights Waterproof?
Yes, waterproof Programmable RGB LED strip lights are available in the market.
The waterproof level is determined by the IP (Ingress Protection) rating.
For indoor purposes, you do not need to buy waterproof RGB LED strip lights.
IP Rating Chart
While you set your programmable RGB LED strips to the poolside or other outdoor areas you need to make sure that they are waterproof.
Or else, your LED strip lights will be damaged.
Typically having IP65, IP66, and IP67 ensures the waterproofing ability of your LED strip lights.
5. What Type Of Waterproof Rating Is Required For Indoor Lighting?
IP ratings are the key factor in expressing the waterproof rating of a material.
Usually, LED strip lights having a lower IP rating, are applicable for home or indoor use purposes.
For instance, the IP44 rating LED strip lights could be good enough for indoor use.
Apart from that, there are some places in our home such as the bathroom or shower where you need to use a little higher IP rating LED strip lights.
Here, the IP rating could be from IP45 up to IP65.
6. What Type Of Waterproof Rating Is Essential For Outdoor Programmable LED Strip Lights?
Higher the IP rating, the better the waterproofing.
So, for outdoor programmable led strip lights you must use better waterproofing i.e, higher IP ratings LED strip lights.
Usually, for outdoors the recommended IP ratings for LED strip lights is IP65, IP66, and IP67.
7. What Should I Look For When Buying a Programmable RGB Led Strip?
Four. There are mainly four things to look at while you buy a programmable RGB led strip.
- The density of LED – Number of LEDs per meter.
There are 30 LEDs/m, 60 LEDs/m, and 90 LEDs/m that are popular in the market.
- PCB Track – These are usually made of copper. The thicker, the better.
It helps to dissipate the produced heat into the environment.
- Resistor – There are resistors attached to the LED light strips to get the precision of colored light.
Resistors normally mitigate the longevity of the LED light strip.
But with proper resistors attached it can serve a long time.
- Coating – Cheap coatings on LED light strips lessen the lifespan of the material.
To get the best durability always buy LED light strips with full copper pad coating.
You should be careful about these 4 things before buying programmable LED light strips
8. Is It Really Expensive To Run A Programmable RGB Led Strip?
No. Programmable RGB led strips are pretty cheap to run.
If you compare a programmable LED light to incandescent light, you will be surprised to see that LED lights consume up to 85% less energy than the light bulb.
You have to spend USD 4.80 per year for a 60W incandescent light bulb.
Whereas, a 12W LED light that illuminates the same amount of brightness as a 60W light bulb costs you only USD 1.00.
This indicates that programmable RGB led strips are actually not that expensive like traditional lights.
9. How To Control A Programmable LED Light Strip?
To control a programmable LED light strip you need to have a motherboard with a microcontroller. You will also need software that supports its specific programming language.
Right now, there are multiple options available in the market. Some of the remarkable controllers are Arduino, Raspberry Pi, LittleBits, Nanode, Minnowboard MAX, and Sharks Cove.
With thousands of codes available on the internet, you can have millions of illuminating patterns of your programmable LED strips. You can even have your customized lighting effect as well.
10. Can I Dim The Programmable LED Strip Lights?
Of course, you can.
Most of the programmable LED light strips available on the market are dimmable.
But, you just cannot dim your LED light strips altering the voltages like traditional lights.
Your lights must be connected to a dimmable transformer.
There are also some controllers available to control the brightness of your programmable led light strips.
11. Is It Possible To Bend A Programmable RGB Led Strip?
Yes. It is possible to make curves with a programmable RGB led strip.
The majority of programmable RGB led strips are capable of bending as they are naturally ductile.
But while bending you need to be careful about the cut points.
You must not bend at the sharp cut points rather cut them and rejoin them through soldering.
12. What Are The Different Types Of Programmable RGB Led Strip?
If you are considering the lighting effects and patterns, the programmable RGB led strip can be categorized into 3 types –
- RGB LED Light Strip – These LED light strips provide millions of colors with three primary colors excluding pure white. Three primary colors are – Red, Green, and Blue. When all 3 lights lit together, they make a cool white hue.
RGB Color LED Light Strip
- RGBW LED Light Strip – It also creates a million lighting effects with RGB including pure white. In this LED light strip we can have accurate white lighting unlike the RGB LED light strip.
RGBW LED Light Strip
- Addressable LED light strip – Addressable LED light strips are a little different from regular RGB LEDs.
In a regular RGB LED strip, all the lights change their color simultaneously, so it is better for using 2D lighting effects.
They illuminate and dim altogether.
Whereas, in an addressable LED light strip you have more control of altering the color of each light chip by yourself.
Here, your control over each LED is more precise.
This type of LED light strips shows the better result in 3D lighting effects.
Addressable LED Light Strip
13. Do Manufacturers Provide Consultancy In Designing The Outdoor Programmable LED Strip Lights?
Yes, there are some manufacturers who not only sell the outdoor programmable LED strip lights but also provide consultancy in designing the outdoor programmable LED strip lights.
There are manufacturers like SDIP who not only visit the site.
They also provide all the necessary consultancy for choosing the perfect outdoor LED light strips for you.
SDIP provides you with the length required for the design, customized effects of lighting, and all other logistics supports.
You can give them a try.
14. Are 5050 LED Programmable LED Strips?
Yes, 5050 with RGB LEDs or addressable chips can be programmable with a microcontroller.
5050 LED light strips are very common and popular among users.
But, there are also single white color 5050 LEDs available, which can not be programmable.
15. Should I Run A 12V LED On 24V For Programmable RGB LED Strips?
No, you should not.
To run a 12V LED light strip on 24V would not be wise.
A 12V LED light needs just about 12V for smooth running.
But, if you enforce 24V on a 12V LED that will harm the copper pads of the LED light strip and may even burn it due to the excessive voltage supplied.
That is why you must be careful while choosing voltage for a specific LED light strip.
16. Can You Leave A Programmable RGB Led Strip On All Night?
Yes, you can leave the programmable RGB led strip illuminated all night.
There are such good features as low heat generation and low power consumption make it ideal for leaving it illuminated the whole night.
These LED light strips provide such cool lighting effects that make them perfect for setting in the background while sleeping.
But, some people can’t fall asleep while these LED lights are on.
For them, these lights disrupt the generation of the sleep hormone melatonin.
17. How Long Can You Run Programmable LED Strip Lights Lengthwise?
The longest run of the LED strip lights are mentioned as follows –
|LED Light Strips Types||Longest Run (ft)||Longest Run (m)|
|12V DC LED strip||15.5+||5|
|24V DC LED strip||31.5+||10|
|24V Constant Current||64.5+||20|
|120V LED Strip||163.5+||50|
You can run the LED strip lights longer than this, but in that case, you must use additional power supplies.
18. Is It Safe To Use A Programmable LED Light Strip?
No electrical item is safe unless you use it safely.
Normally, the heat produced from the programmable LED light strips is too small.
This small heat doesn’t affect your wall that much.
Besides, the UV radiation from LED light strips is negligible.
That makes programmable LED light strips safer.
19. Are Individually Programmable RGB Led Strip Bad For Your Eyes?
Actually yes, when you direct eye contact with a programmable RGB led strip.
This is not wise to stare at programmable RGB led strip even though they emit low UV radiation.
Long-term exposure to LED light strips could make your eyes dry.
So, it is suggested that not to make direct eye contact with LED light strips with bare eyes.
20. Is Individually Programmable LED Strip Harmful For The Skin?
No. They are not.
Since an individually programmable LED strip is not capable of producing extensive heat, they are not capable of burning skins either.
However, you must be careful about your eyes whenever you’re around LED light strips that don’t get direct contact with bare eyes.
21. Is It Possible To Get Cancer Through Individually Programmable LED Strip?
No, in regular use it is not possible to get infected with cancer through the radiation of RGB LED light strips.
But, a study has shown that longer exposure to an individually programmable LED strip may cause cancer.
Extended exposure to RGB light strips, specifically the emission of blue light is responsible for breast cancer and prostate cancer.
Some RGB LED light strips don’t produce UV light and are said to be less threatening for causing cancer.
22. Do The Bugs Get Attracted By Individually Programmable RGB Led Strip?
No. Bugs don’t get attracted by the individually programmable RGB led strip.
Bugs and insects usually get attracted to lights that have shorter wavelengths.
Traditional light bulbs like incandescent bulbs emit shorter wavelengths.
And that is responsible for attracting bugs and insects.
Since individually programmable LED lights emit longer wavelengths, the bugs don’t get attracted to them.
23. Is It Possible For A Programmable RGB Led Strip To Catch A Fire?
No, not really. Programmable RGB-led strips generally don’t catch fire.
Conventional light bulbs emit lights from a vacuum.
That is why they get really hot over time.
Whereas, a programmable RGB led strip doesn’t emit light from the vacuum.
They don’t get that much hot while emitting lights.
Lights emitted by a programmable RGB led strip are remarkably cooler.
And a quality programmable LED light strip should not catch fire.
24. How Do The Individually Programmable RGB Led Strip Work?
Individually addressable LEDs, get a delicate microcontroller on every one of them.
It allows each one to light double-A up with different color intensities.
A positive voltage line, a ground line, and a data line are all present on the strips.
The signal is scanned and transferred through the strip toward the next led every occasion it hits a led.
The first-ever chip detects the incoming signal as “1st”.
And then executes the “1st” instructions before passing the data to the next chip after increasing the counter value by one.
To put it another way, the very first LED tells, “Well, I’m 1st, and the next one who gets this signal is 2nd”
And this signal proceeds along the freeway until there remain no further LEDs.
25. How A Programmable Light Strip Works?
In a programmable light strip, there are three primary colors – Red, Green, and Blue.
It is a three-channel strip with three distinct ground circuits.
There is one mutual voltage for them.
Each ground channel regulates a unique spectrum of light.
You can adjust the color temperature within each channel.
For that, you need to adjust the resistance on certain channels.
This allows you to create a wide variety of color temperatures.
The main disadvantage of such strips is that you can’t select and get to choose which LEDs are colored.
Instead, the complete strip needs to be turned up or down.
And all the LEDs will be identical in color.
It limits the ability to create interesting effects.
26. What Are The Top 3 Advantages Of A 12V Programmable RGB Led Strip System?
There are multiple advantages of 12V programmable LED strip lights.
The top three advantages are stated as follows-
- Having A Common Voltage Platform
This best feature is that – the availability of the power supply.
Most of our household electrical items run with a 12V DC power supply.
Besides, the batteries of most of the cars also run with a 12V DC battery.
This makes no additional requirement of power supply.
And this is going to save you a lot.
- Easily Fixable and Replaceable
The transformer and power supply are usually placed apart from the LEDs.
They are placed in a safe and ventilated region in 12V LED systems.
This enhances the credibility of the equipment.
And, more importantly, makes it easier to fix or replace defective components.
A defective LED bulb is normally non-repairable.
That means that even though all of the LEDs on the bulb are functioning properly, a single defective capacitor will cause the bulb to be removed.
Faulty parts in a 12V LED device can be substituted piece by piece.
That makes the maintenance simpler and lowering the overall maintenance expenses.
Non-repairable LED Bulb
- Better safety from electric shock
As compared to the original voltage source (120/240V), 12V is a significantly low voltage.
This makes it much harder for the electrical charge to penetrate the built-in resistance of human bodies and other materials.
This allows it better for enthusiasts to play with LED strips and other similar items.
If you inadvertently short circuit it, you won’t have any explosions or noisy bangs as you might on a line voltage.
Besides, 12V LED systems do not provide a substantially greater fire hazard than 24V LED systems.
The brightness and wavelength of light released by the LED determine visual protection, which is irrespective of the LED device voltage.
Likewise, fire protection is proportional to the total sum of electricity involved.
However, at low voltages, large currents may easily cause a fire accident.
27. Is It Possible To Run A Programmable RGB Led Strip With A Battery?
Yes, it is absolutely possible to run a programmable LED light strip with a battery.
Generally, it takes 12V to run the programmable RGB led strip.
Usually, a double-A provides 1.5V.
So, to obtain a 12V with double-A batteries you must add 8 of them together in a series.
And thus (8 x 1.5V) = 12V can be achieved.
In this way, you can run a programmable RGB led strip with a battery.
28. How Many Primary Colors Can Single Programmable Light Strip Provide?
Three. Programmable RGB LED lights provide three primary colors.
Red, blue, and green LEDs are referred to as RGB LEDs.
RGB LEDs blend these three shades to create around 16 million different light hues.
It’s worth noting that not all colors are available.
Any colors that seem to be “outside” the RGB LED triangle cannot be produced through a programmable light strip.
29. Is There Any Way To Fix A Individually Programmable LED Strip If It Is Not Working?
Test your pin attachments if your LED strip light does not turn on at all.
Very certainly, the pin isn’t properly inserted.
The pin could be defective in some circumstances.
If your individually programmable LED strips aren’t changing colors, consider turning them around and trying to connect them again.
A defective power source may be the cause of the LEDs not lighting up at all.
If you have multiple power sources, consider plugging in a new voltage source to the same strip.
Now observe how it works.
If it illuminates, you’ve got a defective power source and may need to replace it.
30. How Can You Control An Individually Programmable LED Light Strip Using A Smartphone?
You can easily control your individually programmable LED light strip using a smartphone.
Most of the manufacturer companies of programmable LED light strips have their own app in the google play store or iOS app store.
There are multiple third-party apps also available.
You can download the correct app for your programmable LED light strips and install it on your smartphone.
Now connect it to the LED light strips via wifi.
Voila! If you install the correct app you will be able to control your programmable LED light strips with your smartphone.
There are some apps like – Lumenplay®, LampUX, Dabble, etc.
31. Can You Connect Raspberry Pi With A Programmable LED Light Strip?
For example, let’s consider you have a very common and popular WS2812B programmable LED light strip.
Now, to connect this with a Raspberry Pi you need to have these components first –
A raspberry pi, a logic level converter, and a WS2812B led light strip.
At first, we will have to use a logic level converter to facilitate a 5V logic since the raspberry pi runs on 3.3 V Logic.
Connecting LED Strips to Raspberry Pi
As the WS2812B LED light strip consumes huge power, you must use an external source of power supply.
A single-pixel takes 20mA on average.
Consider it as 30 LEDs per strip.
Then, the requirement for 30 LEDs would be (30 x 20mA) = 600mA and up to 1.8A.
Make sure you have a power supply powerful enough to run the LED light strip.
Install the python-support and run the code –
curl -L http://coreelec.io/33 | bash
Then make sure to navigate the examples with the following code –
Lastly, use sudo to execute strand test script using the code –
sudo python strandtest.py
That’s it. Now you’re good to go.
For better understanding, please follow the link –
32. Can Arduino Be Connected With Programmable LED Light Strips To Manipulate The Lighting Effects?
Yes, of course. The programmable LED light strips can be attached to Arduino to control the lighting patterns.
The procedures of the connection are stated below –
- Join each gate leg of the 3 MOSFETs to Arduino pins 9, 6, and 5, and a 10k resistor in line with each to the ground rail.
- Attach the ground rail to the Source legs.
Connecting LED Strips to Arduino
- Join the Drain legs to the RGB connectors.
- Attach the 12V connector and the power rail.
- Also, Arduino ground should be connected to the ground line.
- The power rails should be connected to 12V power.
Now, use a USB to power the Arduino board.
For better understanding please follow the video –
33. Is It Required To Have A Transformer For Programmable LED Light Strip?
Yes, it is absolutely necessary to have a transformer for programmable LED light strips.
The power source you usually have in your household has a lot more voltage than you need to run LED light strips.
Generally, most of your programmable LED strip lights run at 12V.
Use A Transformer for Accurate Power Supply
So, you need to use a transformer to maintain the correct voltage for your LED light strips.
Besides, if it is not controlled then your LED strips will burn out due to an overflow of voltage.
Severe electrical accidents may take place if you aren’t careful about them.
You can also find one of these from a programmable LED strip manufacturer’s shop.
34. What Is The Average Length Of A WS2818 Programmable LED Light Strip?
The average length of a WS2818 programmable LED light strip is 16 feet that are equivalent to 5 meters.
It also has a half-inch width.
35. What Are The Applications Programmable Light Strip?
There are countless applications of the programmable light strip.
You can use it in both your indoor and outdoor projects.
In the case of indoor – you can use it
- To the ceiling of the house
- To the stairs
- To the TV and other monitors
- Around the furniture
- In bathroom mirrors and walls
- And every other corner you like
Indoor Application of LED Light Strips – TV
Indoor Application of LED Light Strips – Stairs
To see some indoor lightings with LED light strips, you can follow the link-
In the case of outdoor – you can use it
- In the roof ceiling
- On the Christmas trees and other trees
- Under the car
- In the swimming pool
Outdoor Application of LED Light Strips – Bridges
Outdoor Application of Programmable LED Light Strips – House and Trees
36. What Is The Best Glue Material For WS2818 Programmable LED Light Strips?
Silicon adhesive is the best glue material for WS2818 programmable LED light strips.
Using silicone adhesive, which combines the benefits of both polyurethane (PU) and epoxy adhesives.
Characteristics of this material are stated as follows –
- Superior thermal tolerance
- Low-temperature immunity
- Yellowing susceptibility, and
37. What Is The Average Temperature Of The Programmable Light Strips When Lit?
Programmable LEDs light strips are typically less hot than the traditional incandescent bulbs when lit.
But they do get hotter and usually 20°C -30°C hotter than the room temperature.
At a room temperature like 25°C, the average temperature of programmable LED light strips could be as much as 55°C.
38. How Can I Achieve The Desired Light Effect Using A WS2818 Programmable Light Strip?
WS2818 LEDs can be regulated for color and light, making it simple to produce breathtakingly sophisticated effects
It normally has built-in lighting effects.
So, it can be controlled through simple controllers.
Or you can program the lighting effect on the computer, push it to the SD card.
And use the controller to run the lighting programs to control the strips.
To achieve optimal illumination, you’ll need an LED controller, and there are several choices on the street.
It also can be controlled through the DMX control panel.
K-8000L-8-ports offline SD card TTL-DMX512 LED Pixel Controller
39. Do Outdoor Programmable LED Strip Lights Provide Sufficient Brightness?
Yes. Programmable LED strip lights are capable of providing extensive brightness.
The brightness of any light depends on the amount of lumen provided by itself in the per meter area.
Outdoor programmable LED strip lights can produce over 1500+ lumens per meter.
This is similar to 450+ lumen per foot.
This clearly explains that a pristine quality programmable LED strip light can be as bright as our orthodox fluorescent lights.
Lately, programmable LED strip manufacturers are producing programmable LED strips with higher brightness.
40. Is It Possible To Cut Individually Programmable LED Strip?
Yes. It is absolutely possible to cut an individually programmable LED strip.
You can cut the individually programmable LED strip after every LED at the cutting point.
You can also reconnect two cutting points by soldering them together.
The programmable LED strip manufacturers provide a user manual with the box where the process is illustrated.
41. How Do I Know The Type Of Programmable LED Light Strip I’m Using?
If you just want to know what kind of LED strip you have, you should just use a caliper to calculate the measurements.
The length and width for every LED chip in the strip are shown by the four-digit integer.
“SMD3528,” for instance, indicates that the chips are 3.5 millimeters wide and 2.8 millimeters long.
For the programmable LED light strip models like 3528, 2835, 5050, 5630, 5730, etc do mean the dimension of LED.
But things like WS2811, WS2818, WS2812, etc indicate the IC model the LED is using.
You can contact the programmable LED strip manufacturer for detailed information.
42. Can I Use A Programmable RGB LED Light Strip Without A Controller?
Of course, you can.
If you connect your strips according to the voltage recommended it will work nicely.
But you don’t get the freedom to control the lighting pattern on your own.
You have to enjoy the built-in lighting effects and your LEDs will run absolutely fine.
43. Where To Buy Programmable LED Light Strips?
You can buy the programmable LED light strips at your nearest super shops and markets.
Or, you can directly buy them online.
Different quality LED light strips with different price ranges are available on Amazon, eBay, and your local e-commerce sites.
Buy and light your project.
You can also order from SDIP lights for quality LED light strips at an affordable price.
You can visit the website for details.
The programmable LED strip manufacturer provides you with more variety nowadays.
44. How To Connect Multiple Individually Programmable LED Strip?
To connect two individually programmable LED strip together, start by –
- Removing the adhesive backing
- Cleaning the connection area of the first strip
- Then use RGB series interconnectors such as 90-degree NFLS or CS90
- Be sure to unlock the back locking tabs
- Then align the copper connection with the teeth on the inside of the inner connector
- Secure the strip by pushing the locking tabs
- Repeat the process with your 2nd strip
There you go.
For better understanding, please follow the link –
45. How Do I Control The Brightness Of My Programmable LED Light Strip?
Controller remote. You can simply control the brightness of your programmable LED light strip with a compatible remote.
Besides, you can generate codes on the microcontroller through programming and easily control the brightness all by yourself.
By installing a DC PWM LED will allow you to control the brightness of your programmable LED light strip
46. Who Are The Top Programmable LED Strip Manufacturers?
There are a lot of programmable LED strip manufacturers right now in the market who produce good quality programmable LED light strips.
Some of the renowned are –
Other than them, SDIP Lights, a first-class quality programmable LED strip manufacturer offers quality LED light strips at a very reasonable price.
They also offer lighting effect designing, consultancy, and site visits for the customer.
47. Does Variation In Current And Voltage Affect Programmable LED Light Strips?
Yes, sometimes heavy voltage drop can have a bad effect on LED light strips.
When the voltage drops the lights get dim.
This happens due to improper wiring of the LED light strips.
Besides, as the strip length gets longer, the more possibility of voltage drop becomes higher.
48. What Are The Precautions For The Safe Use Of Programmable LED Light Strips?
There are no such precaution other than some general norms like –
- Not bending or twisting the light strip along its side axis
- While cutting the strip, cut it along the vertical line
- Use proper power supply for the LED light strip
- Try not to make direct eye contact with the LED light strip
49. What Could Be The Reason Only Half Of My Programmable LED Light Strips Are Working?
This could happen due to two reasons.
First of all, it is more likely to face a shortage of power supply.
Get yourself a bigger power supply that can power all your LEDs at a time to turn on.
Or, you can buy another identical power supply that you already have right now.
Now, split the LED strips to both of the power supplies so that none of them remain in the shortage of power.
And that’s how you can solve the problem.
You can contact your programmable LED strip manufacturer for more information.
50. What Is The Average Lifespan For WS2818 Programmable LED Light Strips?
50,000 hours approximately.
Programmable LED light strips usually have much higher longevity than traditional bulbs.
A WS2818 LED light strip can illuminate for more than 10+ years if it is lightened 12 hours a day.
This has really a huge lifetime.
After 10 years of service, it doesn’t get useless rather it still keeps illuminating with more than its 70% brightness.
This FAQ guideline has been provided to help you with your queries.
If you’re a new user of LED strips, your mind is probably buzzing with all these details and leaving you with more questions.
Don’t worry about that.
In this FAQ guide, we tried to answer all the common queries related to LED striping light.
If there’s something you are still confused about, feel free to share your queries with us. Mail us at – email@example.com. You can also WhatsApp us at – +86 14776084664.