China’s Best And Most Reliable Manufacturers Of RGB Smart String Lights
RGB Smart string lights are wonderful additions to every space. They allow you to see smart home technology in motion. The mystical glow of the programmable LED string lights will enhance the outdoor decor. Traditional filament bulbs combined with smart technology provide the best of both worlds. Turn lights on and off, dim them, create groups, and set schedules from anywhere with the Smart outdoor string Light.
You should take note that the programmable smart string lights are powered by a heavy-duty 18/5 cord and are designed to withstand extreme temperatures and weather for all-year use. Ideal for lighting gazebos, patios, bars, and other outdoor spaces. For wholesalers, contractors, and business owners, SDIP specializes in producing large quantities of different types of RGB smart string lights.
LED Pixel String Lights
LED String Lights
Programmable LED String Lights
Smart Outdoor String Lights
Smart String Lights
WS2811 LED String
SDIP: The Best Manufacturer and Supplier of Addressable Smart String Lights
SDIP is a leading manufacturer and service provider of addressable smart string lights in China. SDIP has been producing high-quality LED lights for over ten years.
One benefit of purchasing from us is that we have a field team ready to assist you with your domestic and foreign projects. We also assure you of high-quality lighting products at all times.
As an electrical contractor, take note that the individually addressable WS2811, WS2818, or DMX512 pixel strings are used in programmable LED string lights. They Produce classic lighting effects such as gradual transitions, horse racing, water streaming, opening windows, meteor effects, and chasing.
As you may already know, the possibilities of addressable smart string lights are limitless. These lights have a long life, low energy consumption, simple installation, and low maintenance. Hotels, nightclubs, shopping centers, billboards, LED signs, and background walls are just a few of the places where they can be used.
Engineers from SDIP will happily collaborate with electrical contractors to map out the architecture, lighting effects, programming, and whatever else is needed. Our whole range of services is built on the software systems LedEdit or Madrix. Our field engineers present ideas for lighting effects, design, scripting, and onsite execution. You can order products made to your specifications. Many of these services are offered as part of our all-inclusive plan.
Contact us to enjoy fast, accurate, and fast delivery across borders.
|Dimension:||12mm Cylinder||12mm Cylinder||12mm Cylinder|
|Driver Type:||Constant Current||Constant Current||Constant Current|
|LED Type:||F8 RGB||F8 RGB||F8 RGB|
Smart String Lights Related Products
Connector For Smart String Lights
Controllers For Smart String Lights
Power Supply For Smart String Lights
SDIP is the Leading Chinese Manufacturer of Addressable Smart String Lights.
You should also know that there’s a traditional white or yellow glow, but the subtle yellow glow is preferable because it provides the ideal atmospheric lighting for a patio, garden, and pergola. However, if you’re aiming for anything a bit more exciting, RGB LED pixel string lights can achieve more vibrant colors and can come in a variety of sizes.
As we offer variety, you can be sure of the long-lasting and efficient functionality of every piece purchased from us. You can sell and use the addressable smart string lights in any region of the world as they have the UL marking, and RHOS certification.
We are the only Chinese provider that can provide all services across the entire value chain. From personalized lighting effects to site audits, tailored solutions, programming, manufacturing, distribution, and a variety of other emergency support services with post-sale follow-up, we’ve got you covered.
We offer a 15-day free refund or exchange policy, a one-year free repair policy, and a 12- to 18-month product warranty.
Reach us today!
Smart String Lights – FAQ Guide
Do you like the magnificent colored systems that light up homes during Christmas and Easter holidays?
Well, string lights have been associated with festive seasons both among children and adults.
They are known to add a sense of hue and the creation of a decorative atmosphere both in domestic and public spaces.
Since more and more people have developed the habit of spicing their homes with string lights for reasons that go beyond decorating their Christmas trees, manufacturers took advantage of this historical trend to start incorporating current innovations when producing LED string lights.
Here, we examine the structural, technical, and operational questions that relate to LED string light systems.
Table of Contents
- What Are Smart String Lights?
- What Factors Must I Consider When Shopping for Smart String Lights?
- How Long Are LED String Lights’ Strands?
- What Are the Typical Lighting Effects Will I Get from my LED String Lights?
- Can I Leave My LED String Lights on Overnight?
- Why Have My LED String Lights Stopped Functioning?
- What Might Have Caused Half of My LED String Lights to Go Off?
- What Is the Most Effective Way of Fixing LED String Lights When Half of The String Has Gone Off?
- How Do I Install My LED String Lights on My Ceiling?
- Are Smart String Lights Hazardous?
- What Are the Common Health Problems Associated with Smart String Lights?
- Are Programmable LED String Lights Waterproof?
- How Effective Are Voice Controlled Smart Outdoor String Lights?
- Where Can I Repair My Spoiled Smart String Lights?
- Are Smart String Lights Cheap to Host?
- How Often Should I Replace My Smart String Lights?
- Will My Programmable String Lights Require a Driver?
- What Could Cause My Smart String Lights to Start Flickering?
- Can I Use My Programmable String Lights Both Inside and Outside the House?
- How Do I Build A Pixel Matrix for My Smart Pixel String Lights?
- Why should my smart string lights be equipped with WS2811, WS2818, or DMX512?
- Are Smart String Lights Environmentally Friendly?
- How Sustainable Are Programmable Pixel String Lights?
- How Effective Are Solar Powered Smart Outdoor String Lights?
- Can I Remote Control My Smart String Lights?
- How Can I Connect My Smart String Lights to My Smartphone?
- Can I Use My Smart String Lights Without Internet Access?
- Will My Smart String Lights Attract Bugs?
- How Do I Find A Bad Bulb on My LED String Lights?
- What Is the Difference Between an LED Pixel String and An RGB LED String?
- What Should I Choose Between an LED Pixel String and An RGB LED String?
- Will My Smart String Light Burn Out?
- Do programmable LED string lights get hot?
- How long will the addressable LED string lights I bought last?
- How do I get started with the RGB LED string lights I bought?
- Will my smart string lights interfere with my Wi-Fi?
- Do I Need an Expert to Install My Addressable LED String Lights?
- How Effective are Programmable LED String Lights?
Q 1. What Are Smart String Lights?
Smart string lights
Do you remember the small electric lights you used to your Christmas tree a colorful glow last December?
Well, those are string lights.
However, smart string lights are an innovative version of the traditional LED string lights as they incorporate modern technologies to give you a better experience.
Most of the smart LED string lights available in the market today can be controlled using modern innovations like companion apps.
Each smart string strand comes with a set of bulbs that can be privately customized to yield the desired color scheme.
They may also be remote-controlled and may be used as outdoor decorations.
Q 2. What Factors Must I Consider When Shopping for Smart String Lights?
It could be the season to step up your home décor by installing the most classic LED smart string lights in your hood.
Nonetheless, you need to put these factors into consideration before sealing the final purchase deal:
The type of smart string lights
You must know the type of smart string lights that suit your needs before making a purchase.
Decide whether you want an incandescent smart string light or an LED smart string light system for your spaces.
LED smart string lights could be the most ideal for you if you are the energy-conscious type and are highly concerned about longevity.
However, you may go for addressable LED string lights if you don’t mind energy consumption.
You may also settle for the LED pixel string lights if you are looking for a combination of warmth, bright glow, and a cheaper option when shopping.
Your source of power
The quality and quantity of your power supply will dictate the type of smart string light to purchase.
Go for plug-in programmable LED string lights if you have an extension cord or an extra plug-in socket dedicated for the lights alone.
On the other hand, you may choose a battery-operated LED pixel string light if you don’t have a reliable source of electricity in the area where you want to install the lights.
Similarly, battery-powered smart string lights could be the best option if you are considering a mounting design that is close to the ground.
You may have the desire to purchase the best-LED string lights that the market can offer.
However, there are tendencies that budgetary constraints may limit your ability to access such options.
You wouldn’t want to blow the bank just because you are buying an LED smart light.
Go for the addressable LED string system that is within your financial plans.
Also, consider the quality if you want to avoid the periodic hassles of visiting the LED pixel string lights vendor in your hood every festive season.
Q 3. How Long Are LED String Lights’ Strands?
LED string light strands
There’s a lot of hype swirled in the issues revolving around the lifecycle of an LED smart string light.
While some companies will quote 15 years, others will give a prescription of two decades.
This could be a little misleading particularly if you have to part with a lump sum of your hard-earned bucks to get the excitement associated with string lights.
Truth be told, your LED string lights will only serve you for a period ranging between 20,000 hours and 50,000 hours.
This is far much better than the lifecycle of an incandescent light.
Similarly, LED string lights are more durable compared to other decorative lighting systems, they do not burn out.
This explains why they last longer than incandescent.
Q 4 What Are the Typical Lighting Effects Will I Get from my LED String Lights?
Lighting effects in LED string lights
The lighting effects associated with LED string lights could be the major reason why they have taken the center stage as a perfect replacement for incandescent lights.
Apart from their ability to produce many colors, LED string lights are more energy-efficient and will last longer.
Here are the lighting effects associated with LED string lights:
- LED animated icicles – This lighting effect presents with a clear crystalline presentation of natural icicles attributed to the small ice-white LED string bulbs
- LED tri-bulbs
- LED beaded light strings– They are multicolored LED lights with clear beads in string combo
- Three-in-one string light bulbs– They come in three primary colors: red, blue, and yellow.
- Christmas-in-a-box lighting effects– Animated LED string light systems with pre-programmed musical effects.
Q 5. Can I Leave My LED String Lights on Overnight?
Yes, you may.
It is safe to leave your set of LED string lights on 24/7 to play the role of night lights.
In particular, your children wouldn’t want to sleep in a room with total darkness.
Installing your set of LED string lights in their room and leaving it shining all night long can help drive away fright.
However, it is only advisable to turn the LED string lights off when not in use to save energy and to extend their battery life.
Q 6. Why Have My LED String Lights Stopped Functioning?
LED string lights can at times get messy.
The best way to find treatment for LED string lights that have stopped functioning is to diagnose the underlying cause.
Here are the reasons why your LED string lights are not working as required:
- Faulty wires
- Low power supply
- Power supply not working properly
- Too many accessories connected to the same circuit
- Possible loose connections
- A metallic part of the string light could be corroded
Q 7. What Might Have Caused Half of My LED String Lights to Go Off?
It is common for LED string light buyers to complain that half of their string lights have gone off.
Even with these issues, it will only take the efforts of identifying the reason why half of the LED string light system has gone off to get the most effective solution.
Here are some of the reasons why half of your LED string lights have gone off:
- There could be a loose bulb along the circuit
- You may have connected the string lights to a broken circuit
- There may be a frayed wire
Q 8. What Is the Most Effective Way of Fixing LED String Lights When Half of The String Has Gone Off?
So, half of the bulbs on your LED string lights have gone off?
Well, you need not worry.
Here is the most effective way to fix your LED string lights if half of them have gone off:
- Start the process by assessing the first unlit bulb then work on your way down.
- Wiggle each bulb to check if there is any loose connection
- Replace any flickering bulb
- Continue checking each bulb down the string swapping them with a known good bulb until you spot the culprit.
- You will know that you are done when the entire strand is lit back to its normal position.
Q 9. How Do I Install My LED String Lights on My Ceiling?
Installing LED string lights on the ceiling
String lights find diverse decorative applications in festivity seasons.
However, they can be used to add a soft lighting effect in any room by hanging them from your ceiling.
Installing string lights from the ceiling will not only brighten your spaces but also incorporate a fun design element.
Here are the ways to install your LED string lights on the ceiling:
You may install your set of string lights on the ceiling by making a zigzag pattern
- Measure the length and width of your room and choose the parts you want to anchor the string lights on the ceiling
- Pin the hooks on the ceiling in a zigzag manner along the path where you want the string lights to be installed
- String the lights carefully between the hooks
The video below could come in handy the next time you want to install your LED string lights from the ceiling
Q 10. Are Smart String Lights Hazardous?
Yes, your smart string lights could cause a significant number of hazards if you are not keen to provide maximum attention.
Here are some of the hazards that the set of string lights you bought might cause if you don’t install them properly:
- They could cause electric shocks and electrocutions
- The strings could cause accidents like falls if they are scattered all over
- They could cause fires
- They may act as weapons in instances of wrangles
Q 11. What Are the Common Health Problems Associated with Smart String Lights?
The set of smart string lights you spent your hard-earned coins on could be essential sources of health hazards.
Here are some of the health issues associated with smart string light systems:
- They could hurt your eyes
- The brightness associated with smart string lights could be of great harm to your eyesight.
- The faint and barely detectable flickers associated with your smart string lights could cause seizures and migraines
- The flickers and on/off effects associated with smart string lights may cause fatigue, eye strains, and headaches
- Disrupted sleeping patterns
- Some people may not get adequate sleep or their sleeping hours could be disrupted with the changing color streams associated with smart string light systems.
- The possibilities of developing eye conditions such as cataracts.
Q 12. Are Programmable LED String Lights Waterproof?
Yes, programmable LED string lights are waterproof.
Could you imagine mounting non-waterproof programmable LED string lights outdoors on a rainy day?
It would be a total mess-leave alone the electric shocks you may be forced to endure with your naked programmable LED string lights.
The manufacturer wants to ensure that you are safe any time you use their programmable string lights.
This explains why they’ll always come as waterproof devices.
Q 13. How Effective Are Voice Controlled Smart Outdoor String Lights?
Voice Controlled Smart Outdoor String Lights
Imagine filling your patios, verandas, and other out spaces with a few sets of voice-controlled smart outdoor string lights.
Thanks to smart innovations, most companies have incorporated voice control technologies in their string light systems.
This gives you full control of the string light systems in your spaces through a mobile phone application.
The fact that your outdoor string lights are voice-controlled and enjoy optimal compatibility with features like Google Assistant and Alexa gives you the flexibility to operate the string lights by voice whenever the mood strikes you.
You can turn the string lights on and off just with a simple voice command without having to lift a finger.
Q 14. Where Can I Repair My Spoiled Smart String Lights?
You need not face a lot of complications whenever you have a spoiled set of smart string lights.
The solution could only be a few meters away within your hood.
Here are the places to go any time you experience spoilage with your smart string light systems:
- Check with the local electronics repair shop
- Try it yourself- This is advisable if you know the cause of the spoilage
- Try contacting the seller- Smart string lights sellers may either know to repair the spoilt devices or may link you up with an experienced person to get the job done
- Surf the internet for repair ideas- The internet is full of theoretical and DIY videos that will come in handy whenever you want to repair a spoiled smart string light system.
Q 15. Are Smart String Lights Cheap to Host?
Compared to other lights, smart string lights are a little bit cost-effective to host.
The set of smart string lights you bought can save anywhere between 80% and 95% of the electricity you have been using on the strip and incandescent lights.
While an incandescent lights system with 50 bulbs per set can consume about 0.41 watts, your smart string lights will consume about 0.07 watts of electricity.
You may save up to $900 by using your set of LED smart string lights for 7 to 9 seasons.
However, you must keep in mind that the longevity of your LED string light systems will greatly depend on the quality.
Q 16. How Often Should I Replace My Smart String Lights?
Nothing lasts forever; not even the most expensive smart string light systems available in the market.
Your smart string lights will require a lot of maintenance practices if you want them to last longer.
Standard LED smart string lights will last for 7 to 10 years.
However, the period stated is only meant to act as a guideline and to keep you alert.
You may continue using your set of string lights as long as they are still functional.
Nevertheless, there is a tendency that you may replace your outdoor smart string lights more often as they are continually exposed to the forces of wear and tear than their indoor counterparts.
Q 17. Will My Programmable String Lights Require a Driver?
Yes, your programmable string lights will require a driver to run effectively.
In essence, the drivers used in your set of programmable string lights will perform a role that is similar to that of ballasts in discharge lamps.
The programmable string lights will use the drivers to control the amount of current flowing through its system.
You must always be keen to embrace a driver package that matches your device and the array it is meant to illuminate.
Q 18. What Could Cause My Smart String Lights to Start Flickering?
Flickering smart string lights could be very irritating to deal with particularly the ones you mounted outdoors.
Even though an occasional flicker can be interpreted as “normal”, there is every reason to launch a private investigation into the system if it starts flickering regularly/ severely.
Here are the reasons why your set of smart lights have started flickering:
- There could be a problem with one or multiple bulbs in the string system- either not tight enough or incompatible with the dimmer
- Your switch or dimmer could be faulty
- There may be a voltage drop resulting from your HVAC unit’s effect of pulling huge amounts of current
- There’s an electric service utility challenge
- Loose wiring connections
- Issues with your meter box
- Fluctuations in your electric voltage
Q 19. Can I Use My Programmable String Lights Both Inside and Outside the House?
Most people indeed think that they can use their programmable string lights both inside and out of their houses.
However, this is only a fallacy.
In essence, most manufacturers will be specific on whether you should use their programmable string lights outside or inside.
This must never happen unless the manufacturer has indicated on the package.
In most cases, programmable string lights meant for indoor usage will be a little delicate while those created for outdoor uses are fashioned to withstand the adverse conditions in these spaces.
Similarly, indoor programmable string lights are safety tested to ensure that they are not fore hazards for the trees but will not be durable enough for the adverse conditions in the outer environments.
Q 20. How Do I Build A Pixel Matrix for My Smart Pixel String Lights?
Pixel Matrix for Smart Pixel String Lights
Well, the process of building a pixel matrix for your smart LED pixel string lights will require some levels of expertise to get the job done artistically.
Here’s everything you will need to build a pixel matrix for your smart LED pixel string lights
- A pixel controller
- A controller box
- LED matrix software
- Power supply
- Pin connectors
- Electric wires
- Coroplast panels
- A drill stand
- Soldering iron
- Wire strippers
- Electrical tape
- Electric saw
- Voltage meter
- Folding tables
- Work gloves
This procedure will come in handy the next time you think about building a pixel matrix for your smart pixel string lights:
- Layout the drilling pattern on your board or mounted piece of coroplast- the holes should take the pattern you want (zigzag, rectangular, triangular, etc.)
- Mark the points to be drilled
- Drill the holes that will just be enough to pop your set of smart pixel string light system (about 12mm in diameter)
- Repeat the same process on the plywood while ensuring that the pattern is maintained
- Load the drilled panel with your set of smart pixel string lights.
- Connect the set of smart pixel string lights to the power source and enjoy the output.
Q 21. Why should my smart string lights be equipped with WS2811, WS2818, or DMX512?
The WS2811, WS2818, and DMX512 play critical roles in your smart string lights’ control circuit systems.
In essence, WS2811, WS2818, and DMX512 are intelligent control LED light sources that allow for effective integration of your smart string light’s control circuit and the associated RGB chip into the desired 5050 component packages.
For instance, the WS2811 LED string lights to incorporate smart digital data port latches and circuits dedicated to signal to reshape that plays a role in amplifying the drive.
WS2811 LED string lights are also highly effective when used with break-point continuous signal functionalities that prevent any failure pixels from impacting the lower pixels.
Similarly, WS2811 LED string lights will come with internal precision oscillators and constant current control ports that maintain a consistent pixel pint color height.
Q 22. Are Smart String Lights Environmentally Friendly?
Environmental friendly smart string lights
Yes, smart string lights are very environmentally friendly.
Here are the reasons why the set of smart string light systems you acquired will be suitable for you if you are environment conscious:
- They are energy efficient and emit minimal heat to the surroundings
- Smart string lights do not emit smoke and other harmful gasses to the environment
- Most of the mart string light designs are harmless when mounted on environmental components like trees
Q 23. How Sustainable Are Programmable Pixel String Lights?
Most of the programmable pixel string light systems are very sustainable.
In essence, programmable pixel string lights are LEDs and will only use a fraction of the electric energy you use in traditional lighting systems.
The best programmable pixel string lights available in the market will only use 25% of what your set of incandescent lights will consume in a similar timeframe.
Apart from the sustainability gained in power consumption; programmable pixel string lights are also sustainable in the long-term
Unlike incandescent lights, programmable pixel string lights will last for over 5 years.
Such a dimension presents you with the opportunity to reap from the financial sustainability metrics associated with annual purchases when you want to decorate your Christmas trees.
Q 24. How Effective Are Solar Powered Smart Outdoor String Lights?
Solar-powered LED string lights
Solar-powered string lights have become an emergent trend as consumers try to fetch the cheapest and the most sustainable options in their day-to-day operations.
It is common to see supermarkets and most of the DIY stores in your hood presenting great deals on their solar smart outdoor string light systems promising everything for illuminating your trees and shrubs in festive seasons.
However, the kind of value you get from your set of solar-powered smart string light systems will greatly depend on the area where you reside
For instance, people in colder regions may not get as maximum benefits as their counterparts in areas that are all year round hot.
Even with these inconsistencies, solar-powered smart string lights will remain very effective on cloudy days to yield a decent amount of output.
On the other hand, solar-powered string light systems are environmentally friendly and will cause minimal harm to your plants particularly when you adopt them for outdoor settings.
Q 25. Can I Remote Control My Smart String Lights?
Yes, you can remote control your set of smart string lights.
Digitalization has made it possible to control your smart string light using wireless control.
You can control your smart string lights using downloaded smart applications on your smartphone or tablet.
Applications like Google voice assistant or Alexa can also help you control your smart string lights anywhere at a touch of a button.
Instructions on how to download and use the applications are included in the packaging of the smart string lights.
The applications are compatible with any android or iOS phone.
Similarly, you may use a remote to control your smart string lights instead of taking turns to the socket whenever you want it turned on or off.
Other smart string lights models may be remotely controlled using mobile phone applications.
Even with these innovations, smart remote-controlled string light systems present one major limitation; you must be within the prescribed radius to control them
However, this limitation makes remote controlling more advantageous than being close to a switch whenever you want them on or off like in the traditional string lights’ settings.
Q 26. How Can I Connect My Smart String Lights to My Smartphone?
Smartphone controlled string lights
You may use your smartphone to ensure that your smart string lights system remains energy efficient by initiating an automated control.
You will only need to ensure that your smart string light system is compatible with your iOS or Android smartphone to reap the most out of the gadgets at your disposal.
Your smart string lights may be connected with your smartphone either through a Bluetooth path or via an application.
Most of the smart string lights will come with effective user manuals explaining the app and Bluetooth connection process.
This video gives you a custom step-by-step process on how to your smart string lights to a smartphone.
Q 27. Can I Use My Smart String Lights Without Internet Access?
There’s nothing as great as being in full control of your set of smart string light systems at the comfort of your phone.
However, with this comfort comes the need for strong internet connectivity.
Your Wi-Fi could be your greatest friend if you want to stay in full charge of your smart string light systems through your smartphone.
What happens when you are left with little or no control when you are left without internet access?
Whether your router is experiencing some operational issues or your internet service provider has reset, there’s no doubt that lack of or inefficient internet connections could make it difficult to operate your smart string light system with utmost ease.
Even though your control will be limited, your set of string light systems will still work without the internet.
Q 28. Will My Smart String Lights Attract Bugs?
Yes, your smart string lights may attract bugs.
Bugs as well as other insects are attracted to LED string lights that are visible.
Bugs see well in the Ultraviolet, green, and blue ranges of the light spectrum
Your LED string lights work in this range as it’s a range that will make you see well and enjoy.
However, your LED string light can attract fewer bugs compared to a typical incandescent light because LED string light emits little light in the ultraviolet spectrum and a little heat from its light source.
Also note that if your LED string lights are of a warmer color, they will attract fewer bugs because they contain fewer blue wavelengths of light.
Q 29. How Do I Find A Bad Bulb on My LED String Lights?
If the LED string lights contain removable bulbs,
Use a light tester; bring the tester close to each bulb on your LED string lights.
The light tester will light up when it’s near a functional bulb on your LED string light.
You can also use a non -contact detector to test the voltage on the wire section between each bulb
The dead-end of the wire will be the section after your bad bulb.
If the LED string light doesn’t contain removable bulbs,
Starting from one end of your strand, locate the bad bulb on your LED string lights using e a voltage detector.
Similarly, you can start from the dark side of the strand to detect a faulty bulb using a voltage detector
In a case where you don’t have a voltage detector, go through the whole string, switch out each bulb to detect a bad bulb.
You may follow the steps indicated in the video below to locate a bad bulb on your LED string lights system.
Q 30. What Is the Difference Between an LED Pixel String and An RGB LED String?
There are key structural differences between LED pixel string lights and RGB LED string lights.
An LED pixel string has a control chip build in each LED and may have its color controlled independently.
On the other hand, an RGB LED string is controlled by a DC controller and can change colors with all the LEDs on the string changing to the same color at once.
Q 31. What Should I Choose Between an LED Pixel String and An RGB LED String?
An LED pixel string will be the best choice as each LED on an LED pixel string works independently.
Similarly, your LED pixel string can initiate real-time color alterations.
You may use an LED pixel string to make color swirls and blinking patterns.
Q 32. Will My Smart String Light Burn Out?
Yes, your smart string light may burn out.
Smart String lights have a lifespan after which they require replacement but some lights burn out before their lifespan.
Your Smart string lights might burn out before their lifespan because of the reasons highlighted below
- High supply of voltage in your smart string light connection that makes the bulbs light brighter and thereby burn out faster
- Excess fixture vibration- that jiggles the bulb filaments shortening its lifespan
- The type of bulb you select for your smart string light, opt for LED bulbs because they are efficient and long-lasting
- Loose connections in your smart string light
- Using a wrong dimmer
- When the Bulb is large for smart string light fixture
- If the socket tabs are depressed.
Q 33. Do programmable LED string lights get hot?
Yes, programmable LED string lights may get hot.
Programmable LED string lights to get warm or even hot depending on the design of the string light, its quality, and the ambient temperature.
Waveform LED string lights to have a higher temperature rise compared to typical LED string because it’s associated with high power.
LED string lights get warm or hot because of their efficiency value, the LED with a higher efficiency value gets hotter than that with a lower efficiency value.
Note that efficiency value refers to the proportion of electrical energy that’s converted to useful energy vs. the proportion wasted as heat energy.
Q 34. How long will the addressable LED string lights I bought last?
The addressable LED lights you bought will have an average life span of 50000 hours.
Although the addressable led string; lights have a long life span its advisable to safeguard their longevity by installing them using an aluminum LED profile
Q 35. How do I get started with the RGB LED string lights I bought?
Getting started with the set of RGB LED string lights you bought shouldn’t be as complicated as you think.
This process will come in handy when you want to get started with the RGB LED string lights you bought:
- Select and clean the surface where you want to install your smart string lights, the surface should be smooth and stable.
- Unroll the RGB LED string from the spool, remove the adhesive backing and adhere it to the surface you selected,
- Ensure that your string is strengthened so that it can stay in place.
- Connect the RGB LED string to a controller and a power adapter and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Remove the insulation sheet and press any color on the remote control to change the lighting color to a color of your choice.
Note: RGB LED strings have designated sections where you can make cuts, ensure you make a clean straight cut in these designated parts to avoid damaging your string.
Q 36. Will my smart string lights interfere with my Wi-Fi?
Yes, your smart string lights might interfere with your WIFI depending on the position of your WIFI router concerning the size and position of your smart string lights.
Smart string light emits light and their wires are unshielded so they produce a weak electromagnetic shield. With more string lights the shield becomes stronger.
The electromagnetic force from your string light can constructively merge interfering with the ranges of your Wi-Fi frequencies.
The good news is that the strength of the electromagnetic force from your string lights weaken with distance therefore place your Wi-Fi router away from your string lights or closer to fairy lights to prevent this interference.
Q 37. Do I Need an Expert to Install My Addressable LED String Lights?
Yes, you may need an expert to install your addressable LED string lights.
However, you may design your addressable LED string lights like a professional if you have the right supplies in 1 or 2 hours.
These tips may come in handy whenever you want to install your addressable LED string lights:
- Ensure that your addressable LED string is fully un-reeled before you attempt to connect to a power supply
- Check the polarity of the LED tape before connecting to the power supply.
- Look for the arrow denoting the direction of data flow
- Cut and prepare the LED strip using a scissor to ensure you make an even cut leaving a crisp edge on the copper PCB.
- Solder and join the copper pads
- Check the polarity and ensure your connection matches that of the specified datasheet before illuminating the pixel LED strip.
Note: Don’t remove the Perspex film cover of the illuminated LED strip, switch off the power and wipe down plastic covers with anti-static spray to prevent static.
Q 38. How Effective are Programmable LED String Lights?
The fact that your set of programmable LED string lights will come equipped with either a WS2818 or a WS2811 IC individually addressable reveals how effective it will be in your home spaces.
Programmable LED string lights will generate classic lighting effects that will be highly effective in mimicking flowing waters, racing carts, and meteor effects.
They can be used as alternatives to addressable LED string lights that signal continuous transmissions at breakpoints.
This reveals that your LED programmable string lights signal will keep on flowing even when the system experiences a failed pixel.